|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|The Crossroads RP > OOC Information > Quick Guide|
|Posted by: Kate Jul 31, 2016|
| Quick Guide
Welcome to The Crossroads' Quick Guide. Here you'll find the most important points about gameplay, in one easy-to-read list. Check back often - we may add things as their importance increases.
• We refer to Alternate Universes and Parallel Planes as Realms, OOCly. IC Characters may or may not give them this designation, depending upon their origins.
• There are an infinite number of Realms from which your characters might originate.
• Characters may not originate from Realms which exist in movies, published novels, TV shows, etc.
• Travelers arrive at a physical Crossroads when they reach Earth. There is a wooden sign post there, and a different message appears upon it for every new person who sees it - and in their own, native language.
• Traveling between Realms destroys magical enchantments on weapons, amulets, etc. and renders them magically inert.
• Every Realm your character comes from ought to have a language resembling American or European English spoken there, even if it goes by a different name. This makes communication between characters more convenient, but feel free to create characters that don't speak English well or at all!
• Most humans of Earth don't know about The Crossroads or other Realms. Only a few do.
• Those who know about the Crossroads are generally considered crackpots, conspiracy theorists, etc.
• If the United States government discovers a Supernatural creature, it will want to capture and study it.
• Humans who were never aware of alternate Realms or Supernaturals tend to react poorly to the news.
• We permit all sorts of supernatural creatures!
• Most of these supernatural creatures will hide their true selves from Earth's humans.
• As with real-world humans, racism among Earth's Supernaturals exists too.
• If you have a character-type in mind and you aren't sure if it will be accepted, feel free to PM admin.